I had so much fun creating and making food for last weekend plant based picnic.
These apple pie is for sure the best dessert I’ve ever made.
Apple pie is favourite cake, but this one is different. Vegan and gluten free but as delicious as my Mum's.
I am so exited that so many people complimented my apple pie, and my Mr M requested me to make another one this weekend.
For the brownie crust:
1 cup walnuts
1 1/5 cup dates
1 tbs coconut oil ( this is optional)
1 1/5 tbs raw cacao powder
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 of almond flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp of coconut sugar
5 apples sliced or chopped
1/2 lemon juice
100gr apple &mango pure with spices
For the crumble:
1/2 cup gluten free oats
1tsp maca powder
1/2 gluten free flour
1 tbsp coconut oil
(combine all together and bake 10-15min)
- Place 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup almond flour in food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the raw cocoa powder or cacao, vanilla powder and himalayan salt, maca powder and coconut oil. Pulse to combine
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain.
- Add nut and cocoa mixture back into food processor and while processing, drop small handfuls of the date pieces down into the food processor spout. Process until a dough consistency is achieved, adding more dates if the mixture does not hold together when squeezed in your hand.
5. Add the crust mixture to a small cake pan. Toss to combine and evenly distribute, and then press down with you hands until it is flat and firm even on the wall of your cake pan.
6.Place in freezer or fridge to chill before adding filling.
7. To make filling,peel and core the apples, slice or chop all apples and sprinkle with lemon juice. Set it aside.
8. Using the food processor make the pure by processing the dates mango and apple.When it’s relatively smooth add spices and set it aside.
9. Take the crust from fridge and start layering it with apples and the pure.
10. Make as many layers as you desire and when finished if you want put the crumble on the top. Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to help it become more firm and enjoy!