Maca oatmeal with spiced-caramelised mandarins

Maca oatmeal with spiced caramelised mandarins gluten free dairy free vegan raw


There comes a moment when you create something yummy and you just feel so proud about it. This is one of those moments for me. Yummy, healthy and so simple to make. So I decided to share it with you.

I was always a mandarin lover and autumn is the time of the year when I eat tones of them. Was wondering how can I use them in my breakfast creations?
Suddenly I remembered my mum making a lovely rice pudding with caramelised mandarines when I was a child.

The final result of some changes I made to my mums original recipe was delicious and something I would certainly be eating during this cold and dark mornings. 

Here are the ingredients you will need for Maca oatmeal with spiced- caramelised mandarins.

1/2 cup of gluten free Bob's Red Mill Oats
1 tsp of lemon juice( optional)
1/2 cup of dairy free milk ( I always you Blue Diamond Almond Breeze )
1/2 tsp Organic Burst Maca porder
1 tbsp coconut oil Lucy Bee
Pinch of cinnamon and cardamon ( and vanilla but mine finished that day)
Manuka Honey ( if you don't use honey, you can use agave or coconut sugar)



Method:


For caramelised mandarin, place the pan on a low heat, add mandarin segments and juice and spices,  stir to combine. Add manuka honey and stir for 3-5min (*).






Cool to room temperature and refrigerate to develop flavours (overnight).
In the morning boil dairy free milk with coconut oil and oats. 
Warm up your caramelised mandarins and serve warm with your yummy oatmeal.

(*) if you want to use coconut sugar, put all the ingredients except the mandarins into a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved. Simmering but not boiling, until it has developed a syrupy consistency then add mandarine segments and spiced and do the same as above. 

Labels: , , , ,