Easter babka




This cake is traditional cake for Easter in my home. I love it with home made jam or when its very dry with a bit of butter and coffee.......ahhhhh that reminds me of home, of my grandmother baking, my childhood....




The ingredients required:

500gr gluten free white flour ( ideally not bleached)
50gr of fresh yeast or 21gr dried yeast
6 free range egg yolks
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
4 tbsp honey 
125 ml melted coconut oil or organic butter ( plus some for greasing)






Method:

1. Make started by mixing 2 tbsp of flour, 1 tbsp of sugar, and 1/2 cup of warm milk and all yeast . Keep this in warm place for about 30min ( I warmed up my oven and kept it there).

2. Sieve the rest of flour, melt coconut oil on a very low heat with honey, add sugar. Let it cool down on the side.
3. Add eggs, melted oil/butter and the started you prepared earlier.
4. When you combine all ingreadients, again leave it on the side in warm temperature for 45min-1h to rise.
5. Grease a baking pan by rubbing coconut oil or butter on the non-stick pan with a paper towel or fingers, dust with flour. Move your cake mix to the baking pan.
6. Bake the cake for 30min ( more or less) in 160 C.
7. Dust with icing sugar or chocolate.

Enjoy!




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,